And my son is creeping on 11.
Ok, stepping off the nostalgia box.... Or... trying....
As far as resources go - there is very little directly related to adolescence (the third plane of development).
But the elementary Montessori theory album contains some information the third plane of development - and the concepts of Cosmic Education continue into adolescence.
The elementary Montessori theory album, along with adolescent readings (mostly lectures from Maria Montessori) sold via NAMTA provide a few key points (with lots more details):
- cosmic education continues
- personal vocation (personal place in the cosmos) is coming into focus - so we want to hone in on finalizing personal skills such as the following:
- personal economics
- small business economics
- hospitality (the adolescent practical life)
- essentially: time to practice those skills that will allow the adolescent to live independently as an adult, long before that independence is entirely necessary (lots of practice time)
- Now that those essentials are out of the way, the adolescent is freed in the final years of adolescence (ages 15-18) to explore his options for personal vocation: goals in life, mission, etc.
NAMTA is offering an adolescence "algebra" album - actually covers a LOT more than algebra. ;)
(this album is the one exception to my "no materials" comment below)
Otherwise, it is ENTIRELY necessary to follow the child. There are no specific materials to learn, which is both GREAT and scary at the same time (those materials become comfort zones for us - what do you mean "NO materials!?")
So - look at what your child needs in various areas to accomplish the tasks of personal economics, small business economics, and hospitality. Fill in those areas with resources that serve YOUR child.
Our ideas to come ;)