With so much growth at the elementary level, we have more and more families looking to do Montessori at the adolescent ages at home as well.
I am putting together a small online discussion group specifically for this age, with reading assignments on a suggested schedule, discussion topics and sharing of ideas and resources. Everything will be from a homeschool perspective, but classroom teachers are welcome and encouraged to join in as well.
If you are part of our Keys of the Universe discussion board, you are already in! I will begin the official group June 21 in the adolescent section and Keys of the Universe participants have full access as part of their regular participation.
If you are not part of the Keys of the Universe discussion board, join us here:
Keys of the Universe Individual Album Support - Adolescent Montessori Discussion Group Access
One-time payment; life-time participation
We will begin June 21 in earnest; but join now so you're ready to go when I post the first discussion topic.
The ideal participant:
- you have a child age 10-16 right now, with or without elementary Montessori experience
Goals - Main Topics:
Already part of Keys of the Universe: no cost
Join separate from Keys of the Universe: $15 - permanent access
Outline of the discussion group is coming soon, but a general overview of each week follows:
- Reading assignment will be posted to the group
- During your reading, note your reactions.
- For the next day or so, observe around you and consider your past experiences - how do your experience match or contradict the reading?
- Respond to the discussion board with whatever you are comfortable sharing.
- Also respond with how you might respond to what you have explored in the reading and reflection.
- Develop conversations on the adolescent age, such that we are working out the practical how-tos and what does it look like.