I want to create a series of blog posts each highlighting a particular difference between Montessori homeschooling and a Montessori classroom (in a school). As an AMI trained Montessorian and dedicated homeschooling mom, I am bound to see and miss different things than those with different backgrounds, so please let me know! :)
- 30-35 children in a 3 or 6 year span vs. 1-8 or so in a 1-16 year span.
- observation - positive "peer pressure"
- availability of materials
- inspiration and direction of interests
- Dedicated space - ramifications in both settings
- Longevity of materials - amount of use and durability requirements
- Resource availability
- politics - administration
- amount of time needed
- (ADD MORE!)
|Our first year co-op room -|
designed for homeschoolers ages 3-10, attending once a week