Montessori Elementary Homeschool Blog - with documentation of our infant Montessori, toddler Montessori, and primary Montessori experiences; as well as preparation for the upcoming adolescent Montessori homeschool years.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Elementary Montessori Training - Reality Check

In a draft dated February 2, 2014, I had this:

Begin draft:

I had this to say in a previous post, then I deleted a portion of it to finish the post on the same topic with which it started:

I have to admit - I felt cheated. But that could be tied into the reality of the training center I was at and the treatment dished out there to anyone who is 1) Catholic 2) homeschool-friendly 3) uses Montessori principles in any form of faith formation 4) actually wanting to "get it" and not just regurgitate it - the list goes on, but that is a subject of another post.

This many years later, I am finally getting ready to truly write about that experience. 

End draft.


Now here it is June 20, 2015 - and I still haven't written about it. Yet the training center in question has chosen NOW to come forward to pronounce to the world I didn't finish my training there, thus I must be mis-representing myself.

Hm. Interesting. I have checked all SPAM filters - I have not yet received a private communication from them, or anyone for that matter, on this topic. All announcements have been public without any room for actual professionalism.

This is SAD. Truly SAD. Contact me first. I am happy to discuss the matter on a professional level. This training center has proven time and again a lack of capability of being professional. That does not mean there is NO HOPE! I hold out hope. Hope for peace; hope for the true work of Maria Montessori to blossom forth.

It can happen. It MUST happen.




Please note, I do not claim to have a certificate or a diploma from them - I did a majority of my training there and filled in with private AMI training elsewhere, without the benefit of a diploma or certificate. I did all my student teaching and observations; I am still awaiting receipt of my last few chunks of assignments (hand-made illustrations...).

Please also note, that I choose NOT to publicly bash the training center, ruin their reputation, or otherwise cause harm or pain to anyone. Perhaps by being silent I have allowed too many others (even one is too many) to continue to receive harm by this training center; I needed to look at the harm to my son if I took this to court. My family comes first.

And to explain all of this takes many words; words that cause confusion and dissension and a bad taste for this training cetner - then perhaps for others? I want to preserve what Montessori intended and share it with homeschoolers and with small schools who are working towards getting their teachers formally trained in a full training center. I currently work with several schools around the world who are sending one teacher at a time to full Montessori training while supplementing with the mentoring and support I provide in the meantime.

Want to create a strong adversary you'll regret? Attack me.
Want to control me and subdue me? Bring me in.

Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer. Isn't that what the non-Montessori world proclaims? Perhaps it is indeed good practice.
!?

Oddly enough, professionalism and civility might increase.

My prayers for peace!

5 comments:

  1. Jessica, I'm not sure exactly what you are saying, and I haven't had Montessori training to compare, but I'm so sorry to hear this. Your first paragraph from the old draft speaks deeply to me for other things in life. Praying for you that you can keep your inner peace undisturbed

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. I'm sure it is frustrating. Prayers for your troubles as well as those who mean to cause you trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jennifer, Jenn and Abbie!


    I have noted that this blog post was linked to on the training center's Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I know who your trainer was and the training center. I know it is history. I know a few other people who trained there and from what I have heard, every year there is a class scapegoat, and I believe it was you, the year that you trained. I understand that everyone is under attack at that training center, but one person is more scapegoated. I have heard of people who were examined, passed, finished everything, but the trainer decided to hold the diploma for a year, because she could. I believe in divine retribution. We will all meet our maker one day and have to account for our actions, even the narcissistic Montessori trainers.

    ReplyDelete