Montessori Elementary Homeschool Blog - with documentation of our infant Montessori, toddler Montessori, and primary Montessori experiences; as well as preparation for the upcoming adolescent Montessori homeschool years.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mathematics Sample


I love Montessori kids ;)

My nephew is 11 months younger than my son (1st grade in public school but way ahead of his peers) and keeps telling me, in reference to my son, "He's GOOD!" (at math). My nephew keeps asking him questions like what is 400 plus 900? (because in my nephew's mind those are HUGE numbers) Of course my son knows it's just 4 of something plus 9 of something, so it's just as easy as 4+9 - but he gives his cousin both answers when applicable (13-hundreds and 1-thousand-3-hundred). It astounds my nephew every time! So my son showed him the pattern and he's picking up on it. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment